The Art & Design Department are taking 36 students (Year 10 & 11) to the Conway Centre in Anglesey, Friday 26th – Sunday 28th January 2018.
Raising Attainment in GCSE Art & Design: Visit to the Conway Centre – January 2018
Thank you for support in encouraging your son/daughter to participate in our visit to the Conway Centre, Anglesey, to enhance their GCSE Art & Design studies and a huge thank you for your prompt payment of the final balance.
I can now confirm the following final itinerary for the visit, Friday 26th – Sunday 28th January:
- Friday 26th January 2018 students will be in school as usual and follow their usual timetable. However, Conway Visit students should attend in non-uniform so we can head straight off without the need to change on Friday afternoon.
- Students may leave their luggage with Miss Gray in A3 on Friday – please remember we will only be away for two nights and, therefore, excessively large luggage isn’t necessary.
- Please consider appropriate clothing for the weekend – this is a practical artistic workshop weekend so some “messy work” is to be expected. Students are advised against wearing or bringing with them any items that are extremely valuable as neither Turton Staff nor the Conway Centre can be held responsible for any items that are damaged/lost.
- The coach is due to collect us for our journey to Anglesey at 30pm on Friday 26th January. Students should arrive promptly, with their luggage (collected from Miss Gray’s classroom), by 3.20pm on the rear car-park.
- Traffic allowing, we will arrive at the Conway Centre, Anglesey by 5.30pm before sitting down for our evening meal, settling into our accommodation and beginning workshops with the artists.
- Breakfast, lunch and evening meals will be provided throughout our stay so students should not require much, if any, spending money. Some cash maybe beneficial if we stop at the service station etc. whilst on the road or to purchase soft drinks from the vending machine on-site.
- We are expected to leave the Conway Centre at 1.30pm on Sunday 28th January with an estimated arrival time of 30pm back at school. Students will be encouraged to telephone parents once nearer school to confirm pick-up times.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions about the above arrangements or require further information about your son/daughter’s visit to the Conway Centre. With many thanks for your ongoing support and we look forward to a creative, productive and beneficial weekend down in Anglesey.
Miss E L Gray
Head of Art & Design
- (09/06/2022) > Bolton College – Year 10 Taster
- (08/06/2022) > Marketing Opportunity with Dentrain
- (27/05/2022) > Finance opportunity for school/college leavers
- (25/05/2022) > HSBC Degree Apprenticeships
- Turton’s Lotto Draw – May, 2022
- The Apprenticeship Guide > (19/05/2022)
- Apprenticeship at Cohens Chemist (Bolton) > (17/05/2022)
- (09/05/2022) > Bolton at Home vacancies and apprentice open day