Andy Briggs to visit Turton.
Author, screenwriter and conservationist Andy Briggs will be making the first of 2 visits to school on Thursday 9th June, speaking in the Arts Theatre from 9.45-10.45. We’ll be welcoming pupils from other local schools and inviting our year 8 students who have participated well in the Accelerated Reader scheme to attend the event. Andy is an excellent speaker and the film industry experience, working on Hollywood films such as Judge Dredd, gives his presentations a very professional edge. He will be talking about his new adventure novel “Iron Fist” as well as his previous children’s novels and his work in Hollywood.
After the session Andy will be signing copies of his books. Pupils who have been invited to attend will be given a letter for parents which includes an order form, if you would like to pre-order please indicate which books you would like to order and return it to the library with the details.
An information sheet about book ordering is available to download.
If you have any queries please contact our librarian, Judith Sprawling.
- Parent Support Session One – Microsoft Teams (Using a Computer/Laptop)
- Careers: Spring Term Work Experience, Ages 12 – 18
- Careers: BT Apprenticeships are live – apply today!
- Proud Awards This Week’s Top Ten!
- Careers: Latest work and study opportunities
- Online Careers Event: National Apprenticeship Show (Feb 2021)
- Online Year 10 Parents’ Evening – Thursday 21st January
- Turton Proud Awards are back for 2021!