From Friday 25th – Sunday 27th January 2019 fifteen GCSE Art & Design students had another successful Art & Design residential weekend at the Conway Centre, Anglesey.
Students worked with artist, Sarah Usher, on the theme “Urban Metropolis” to create large scale paper sculptures based on either the sprawling cityscape of London or the Tudor-style buildings of Chester. Workshops were intensive and students worked incredibly hard to produce their own individual four-layered city skyline, creating the feeling of a busy and bustling vibrant metropolis. Our Turton students were a real credit to the school and both the artist and all staff at the centre commented on the students impeccable behaviour, good manners and strong work ethic throughout the weekend. All work produced will be submitted to enhance students’ GCSE Art & Design portfolios. Well done to all those that took part!
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.
- Industrial Action on Arriva Bus Services
- Turton Proud Awards – Summer!
- Student Travel 2022-23 with Arriva 541 Bus Service
- (09/06/2022) > Bolton College – Year 10 Taster
- (08/06/2022) > Marketing Opportunity with Dentrain
- (27/05/2022) > Finance opportunity for school/college leavers
- (25/05/2022) > HSBC Degree Apprenticeships
- Turton’s Lotto Draw – May, 2022