From Friday 25th – Sunday 27th January 2019 fifteen GCSE Art & Design students had another successful Art & Design residential weekend at the Conway Centre, Anglesey.
Students worked with artist, Sarah Usher, on the theme “Urban Metropolis” to create large scale paper sculptures based on either the sprawling cityscape of London or the Tudor-style buildings of Chester. Workshops were intensive and students worked incredibly hard to produce their own individual four-layered city skyline, creating the feeling of a busy and bustling vibrant metropolis. Our Turton students were a real credit to the school and both the artist and all staff at the centre commented on the students impeccable behaviour, good manners and strong work ethic throughout the weekend. All work produced will be submitted to enhance students’ GCSE Art & Design portfolios. Well done to all those that took part!
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.
- Turton Careers: National Apprenticeship Show 2021
- It’s Good to Grow! with Morrisons
- Open Evening – Tuesday 28th September (2021) 5:00pm – 7:30pm
- Guidance for Home to School Transport (2021)
- Proud Awards (Summer Term)
- Summer Curiosity 2021
- Turton Careers Information: 9th June, 2021
- Easter News! From Years 7, 8 and 9