School bus fare changes 2017/2018
From the start of the next academic year, there will be some changes to the fares which are charged on the majority of TfGM subsidised school buses. These changes should make school fares easier to understand for both passengers and operators.
From 1 September, the fare structure will be simplified so that children are all charged a flat fare. This will replace the existing system whereby children are charged one of three different fares depending on the distance they travel.
For children with igo passes, the new single fare will be £1.30, the new return fare will be £2.20 and the new cost of the school weekly ticket will be £7.00.
Children who do not have igo passes will continue to be charged a default single fare which, from September, will be £1.70. Children without igo passes are also unable to buy either returns or weekly tickets.
There are still a number of school buses where fares are set by the operator and which will therefore be unaffected by these changes.
Full details on which school services will be affected will be provided on www.tfgm.com before the start of the new school year.
We would be grateful if you could communicate these changes to pupils ahead of the new academic year.
Thank you for your co-operation and please contact us on 0161 244 1000 for further assistance.
Operational Service Planning
- Letter: Building work & reduction in kitchen facilities
- Casino Night! (Raise the Roof Appeal)
- Building Update #2: Bolt Tightening Ceremony
- We are seeking a governor (with responsibility for Health & Safety)
- Turton Scholars’ Pathway presentaion
- Year 8 pathway choices for Year 9
- T-Force – Community Fundraising Project
- Fundraising for Ross Smith