Good afternoon year 7 parents,
We are very much looking forward to seeing you in person tomorrow night at our parents’ evening. The event has changed format in response to parental feedback, so if you have older children we didn’t want you to be taken by surprise! Please take a few minutes to read this before tomorrow.
The key change is that we are going to run the appointments exactly to time. This is to try to allow equal time for all parents with our teachers.
- You will need to arrive 5 - 10 mins before your first appointment to allow you time to sign in and collect a print out of your appointment times, map, name sticker and information booklet for the night.
- You will be sent a copy of your appointments on email today, just in case you have forgotten your start time.
- The signing-in stations are just inside the Sports Centre entrance (if it’s raining, bring an umbrella, as there isn’t a cover outside that door!)
- You’ll need to know what form group your child is in to speed up your signing in process.
- Appointments are going to run to time, with a timer on the wall to count down each appointment. Prefects will also signal when each appointment is finished.
- There will be a four minute travel time between each of your appointments to allow you time to find your next teacher.
- Teachers will be in department areas, rather than alphabetical, to help you find them. Prefects are available to help you find anyone.
- As in previous years, we can’t serve drinks or food as so many people are moving around.
- You don’t need to sign out.
Any questions before tomorrow, please do be in touch,
(Assistant Head Teacher)