Former Student Kate Clark talks to Year 10 students
Last week, Kate Clark revisited where her journey first began and gave an inspirational talk to the Year 10 Textiles Technology students about her love for textiles from a childhood interest, to now studying fashion in London at one of the top universities in the country. She showed us through her work and how it has progressed over the years and made us realise that there are many different aspects and jobs inside the textile industry. She also explained to us about her time during her foundation year and she suggested alternative routes of education to help us find what aspect we are most passionate about. All of the class found her very interesting and inspiring, as it’s clear that Kate is very unique and has shown that hard work pays off. She encouraged us to be outgoing and to step out of our comfort zones in order to show our personality through textiles.
Madison Wells 10S1
- Industrial Action on Arriva Bus Services
- Turton Proud Awards – Summer!
- Student Travel 2022-23 with Arriva 541 Bus Service
- (09/06/2022) > Bolton College – Year 10 Taster
- (08/06/2022) > Marketing Opportunity with Dentrain
- (27/05/2022) > Finance opportunity for school/college leavers
- (25/05/2022) > HSBC Degree Apprenticeships
- Turton’s Lotto Draw – May, 2022