Yubo app (formerly Yellow)
I would like to draw your attention to an app which seems to be growing in popularity even with our youngest students called Yubo (formerly Yellow) which is described crudely as “Tinder for kids”.
There are a number of disturbing stories around the use of this app and the fact that anyone can access it.
There is a stipulation that users have to be 13 or over, however some younger pupils are using it and there are serious issues around the possible grooming of children linked to its use. Children are putting their ages, names and locations on there and there are requests for nude selfies etc from some users.
Please could you check your child’s phone as soon as possible and ensure they are staying safe on line.
The pastoral team will be delivering this message in form time and in assemblies for the rest of the week in school.
If you have any concerns about any online grooming please report to the police urgently.
- NCA-CEOP’s new ‘Jessie & Friends’ resource to help keep your child safer online
- What parents need to know about 'sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Army Engineers visit Turton – Rocket Cars!!!
- Year 11 – Week by Week – Revision Packs
- Donation of a new defibrillator unit – Kier Construction
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)