As Christmas approaches, please find below the arrangements for the end of term, including details of buses which will or will not operate on the last day. Please note that the final day of term is Thursday 21st December 2017 and as Friday 5th January 2018 is a Staff Training Day, term will commence for students on Monday 8th January 2018. Thank you again for all your support, feedback and encouragement, it is much appreciated. Staff and students at Turton have worked hard together this term to produce some exceptional learning experiences. Our students have given their all in so many areas of school life, from music to sport, from charity fund-raising to school productions and, of course, all this on top of their classwork, homework, revision and mock exams. A snapshot of their recent activities, along with information for parents, can be found on our school website. On Thursday 21st December 2017 we are planning to hold a Christmas Jumper day to support improving the dining areas for students around school. On this occasion we are asking students to wear a Christmas Jumper. We would ask for a donation of £1 to support the event. This money should be given to their Group Tutor prior to the day. School will be closing early in accordance with our usual practice on the final day of term, Thursday 21st December 2017, at 1.00 pm. Transport arrangements at the end of the day We have contacted the bus companies about provision of buses on Thursday. There will be a limited bus service available. Students who would normally catch buses which are not available at 1.00 pm should make alternative arrangements to travel home.
BUSES AVAILABLE AT 1.00 PM
480 - Darwen Watery Lane via Hoddlesden
835 - Entwistle (Strawberry Duck) via Edgworth
925 - Darwen via Belmont and Tockholes
975 - Edgworth (White Horse) Northern Blue – Not available to Pass Holders
926 - Harwood Bus
BUSES NOT AVAILABLE AT 1.00 PM
913 - This services will not be providing early buses, but will operate the normal public bus service.
School reopens on Monday 8th January 2018 at 8.50 am. After such a busy term I hope students, staff and their families all enjoy a well-deserved rest this Christmas.
With every best wish for the coming New Year.
- When your child’s anger may be linked to low self-esteem
- Photoshop-spotting: talking to your child about ‘fake’ images
- Talking to your child about why bullies bully
- How to nurture a healthy self-esteem in your child
- How to talk to your child about gender stereotypes
- A fun tool to help your child solve online safety dilemmas
- Turton Trail (Issue #4b) Arts, Crafts & Design Careers
- Careers Programme
- Winter Weather
- Turton Trail (Issue #3b)
- Bring a bag to school – Wed 21st November 8:15am
- Big Money Draw (Nov/Dec/Jan)
- Turton School designers beat off competition from across the North West
- Turton School Event: 2017/18 GCSE Certificate Collection Event