As Christmas approaches, please find below the arrangements for the end of term, including details of buses which will or will not operate on the last day. Please note that the final day of term is Thursday 21st December 2017 and as Friday 5th January 2018 is a Staff Training Day, term will commence for students on Monday 8th January 2018. Thank you again for all your support, feedback and encouragement, it is much appreciated. Staff and students at Turton have worked hard together this term to produce some exceptional learning experiences. Our students have given their all in so many areas of school life, from music to sport, from charity fund-raising to school productions and, of course, all this on top of their classwork, homework, revision and mock exams. A snapshot of their recent activities, along with information for parents, can be found on our school website. On Thursday 21st December 2017 we are planning to hold a Christmas Jumper day to support improving the dining areas for students around school. On this occasion we are asking students to wear a Christmas Jumper. We would ask for a donation of £1 to support the event. This money should be given to their Group Tutor prior to the day. School will be closing early in accordance with our usual practice on the final day of term, Thursday 21st December 2017, at 1.00 pm. Transport arrangements at the end of the day We have contacted the bus companies about provision of buses on Thursday. There will be a limited bus service available. Students who would normally catch buses which are not available at 1.00 pm should make alternative arrangements to travel home.
BUSES AVAILABLE AT 1.00 PM
480 - Darwen Watery Lane via Hoddlesden
835 - Entwistle (Strawberry Duck) via Edgworth
925 - Darwen via Belmont and Tockholes
975 - Edgworth (White Horse) Northern Blue – Not available to Pass Holders
926 - Harwood Bus
BUSES NOT AVAILABLE AT 1.00 PM
913 - This services will not be providing early buses, but will operate the normal public bus service.
School reopens on Monday 8th January 2018 at 8.50 am. After such a busy term I hope students, staff and their families all enjoy a well-deserved rest this Christmas.
With every best wish for the coming New Year.
- NCA-CEOP’s new ‘Jessie & Friends’ resource to help keep your child safer online
- What parents need to know about 'sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Army Engineers visit Turton – Rocket Cars!!!
- Year 11 – Week by Week – Revision Packs
- Donation of a new defibrillator unit – Kier Construction
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)