Registration for EDT and Industrial Cadets Virtual Routes into STEM programme is now open.
Whose it for?
Students in Year 9 or 10 / S3 or S4 who are interested in exploring a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). All you need is an interest in STEM and curiosity about the future and is open to all academic abilities.
- Approximately 20 hours of study virtually at a pace that suits you over 3 weeks
- Exploring different Routes into a STEM career including College Courses, University Courses, Apprenticeships and learning from industry what is involved in a STEM career as well as enhancing your skills
- The course includes live interactive sessions over the half term break allowing you to listen and ask questions to STEM students and professionals
- Once you have been inspired by these different Routes you will get to work on a project set by a STEM company to look further at a career area that interests you
When is the next course running?
February half term 2023! The course will be available from Thursday 9th February – Tuesday 7th March 2023 with live sessions 13th – 17th Feb and 20th – 24th Feb (depending on when your February half term week falls this year).
What do you get out of it?
- A chance to find out about how different Routes into a STEM career from industry experts, college and university leaders as well as young people who are currently on that path
- Engage in projects and activities that will enhance your problem solving, critical thinking, creativity and innovation skills as well as inspiring you to find careers motivation.
- Projects include: a Biopharm challenge from GSK, a Design challenge from Balfour Beatty, a RSC Chemistry challenge and many more exciting challenges in all aspects of STEM.
- A chance to create your own personalised action plan to see your own Route into STEM
- Be able to learn about your career skills and how you could write about this in your CV / Personal Statement or Application form
- Once completed you will receive an Industrial Cadets Bronze Award showing all that you have achieved on the course
How to apply?
For more information and to apply please visit our website https://www.etrust.org.uk/routes-into-stem-read-more
Places are limited so do not delay and apply today!
Student Recruitment Team
EDT (Engineering Development Trust)
- Orienteering Event: Smithills, Bolton (25th February)
- Turton Parent Podcast – Episode 4
- National Measles Incident
- Year 11 Newsletter (January, 2024)
- School Cloud Guide (Bookings)
- Turton Parent Podcast: Episode 3
- Proud Awards (December 2023)
- New School Bus Contract (Bus 925)
- Year 11 Newsletter (December, 2023)
- Kenya Volunteering Trip Evening (Current Year 10/11)
- Christmas collection for our local Food Bank
- National Increase in Measles Cases
- Winter Weather Procedures (2023/24)
- Turton Parent Podcast: Episode 2
- Year 8 & 9 Curriculum and Pastoral Evening
- Anxiety Awareness Sessions for Parents