Yesterday, we sent home the end-of-year reports for our students in year 7, 8 and 9. We hope that you have found them useful. If your child was not in school, or you had requested a second copy for parents living at different addresses, then we have posted this home. Please let us know if you don’t receive your copy.
We can now turn our attention to the summer. Summer is a time for rest and relaxation; it’s also a time for developing curiosity and having cultural experiences. Attached to this post (the PDF above) is a list of recommended reading for all of our subjects. These are articles or websites to inspire inquisitive minds, and offer a new perspective on learning in school. They are split up into a suggested six-week programme of reading, but please do whatever works for your child.
The reading will not be tested or required for our first few weeks of learning in September. The links are sent for the love of learning in its own right, and the pursuit of wisdom.
Best wishes, and we look forward to seeing all of our students again after the summer,
(Assistant Head Teacher)
- Year 11 Newsletter (December, 2023)
- Kenya Volunteering Trip Evening (Current Year 10/11)
- Christmas collection for our local Food Bank
- National Increase in Measles Cases
- Winter Weather Procedures (2023/24)
- Turton Parent Podcast: Episode 2
- Year 8 & 9 Curriculum and Pastoral Evening
- Anxiety Awareness Sessions for Parents