Our Ref: ABL/JH
20th September 2018
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Our Year 7 pupils have really embraced the challenge of meeting Turton expectations, both in and out of the classroom, and it has been wonderful for us to start to get to know them as individuals. We are really looking forward to taking them on their journey all the way through to Year 13.
We are very pleased to write to you to invite you to our Year 7 Curriculum Evening, which will be an opportunity for parents to hear from several of our key senior staff, as well as talking individually to our Year 7 form tutors. This will take place on Wednesday 10th October 2018, from 6.00 pm-7.00 pm. The programme for the evening is as follows:
(Teaching & Learning)
|Curriculum demands at Turton, and how to support pupils at home in order to get the most from our knowledge-rich curriculum.
|Heads of English and Maths||The detail of these key subjects, and how we approach KS3 in order to be ready for KS4, KS5 and beyond.|
|The ‘Hive Switch’, which is how teachers at Turton work together to get the best out of our pupils.
|DS Lisa Clark||Advice on online safety, which is of national significance in today’s society.|
|All Year 7 form tutors||An opportunity to meet and talk with the individual form tutors, and our Year 10 mentors, who will give an update on each form’s start to Turton life.|
In order to help us plan for the evening, please could you return the slip below to your child’s form tutor. Many thanks, and do get in touch if you have any questions.
(Assistant Head - Teaching & Learning)
- NCA-CEOP’s new ‘Jessie & Friends’ resource to help keep your child safer online
- What parents need to know about 'sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Army Engineers visit Turton – Rocket Cars!!!
- Year 11 – Week by Week – Revision Packs
- Donation of a new defibrillator unit – Kier Construction
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)