Re: Bolton Encompass
Our school has been given the opportunity to take part in a new project that will run in partnership with Bolton Safeguarding Board and Greater Manchester Police.
The project, Bolton Encompass, has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that occur outside of school but which might have an impact on a child attending school the following day. This information will be shared on school days during the school term. When incidents occur on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday, the police will contact the relevant school the following Monday.
A nominated member of school staff, known as a Key Adult, will be trained to liaise with the police. At Turton School our Key Adults are Cathy Bach and Nat Parry. They will be able to use information that has been shared with them, in confidence, to ensure that the school is able to support children and their families. Information will be shared where it is identified that a child or young person was present, witnessed or was involved in a domestic abuse incident.
We always endeavour to offer the best support possible to our pupils and believe that Bolton Encompass is going to be beneficial and supportive for all concerned children and families.
If you would like more information about this new initiative, details can be viewed online at www.turton.uk.com or you can contact our Key Adult at school Cathy Bach email@example.com or Nat Parry firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support.
Chair of Governors
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- A fun tool to help your child solve online safety dilemmas
- When should technology be used during exam season?
- What you need to know about online grooming
- Secret Conversations on Facebook: a parent’s guide
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)
- Art & Design Residential: Anglesey 2019
- School is closed today (due to adverse weather)- Wed 30th January 2019
- Turton Trail (Issue #6b) – Armed Forces