Re: Bolton Encompass
Our school has been given the opportunity to take part in a new project that will run in partnership with Bolton Safeguarding Board and Greater Manchester Police.
The project, Bolton Encompass, has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that occur outside of school but which might have an impact on a child attending school the following day. This information will be shared on school days during the school term. When incidents occur on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday, the police will contact the relevant school the following Monday.
A nominated member of school staff, known as a Key Adult, will be trained to liaise with the police. At Turton School our Key Adults are Cathy Bach and Nat Parry. They will be able to use information that has been shared with them, in confidence, to ensure that the school is able to support children and their families. Information will be shared where it is identified that a child or young person was present, witnessed or was involved in a domestic abuse incident.
We always endeavour to offer the best support possible to our pupils and believe that Bolton Encompass is going to be beneficial and supportive for all concerned children and families.
If you would like more information about this new initiative, details can be viewed online at www.turton.uk.com or you can contact our Key Adult at school Cathy Bach firstname.lastname@example.org or Nat Parry email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support.
Chair of Governors
- Talking to your child about why bullies bully
- How to nurture a healthy self-esteem in your child
- How to talk to your child about gender stereotypes
- A fun tool to help your child solve online safety dilemmas
- Why summer shouldn’t be a time for body image worries
- When should technology be used during exam season?
- Turton Trail (Issue #3b)
- Bring a bag to school – Wed 21st November 8:15am
- Big Money Draw (Nov/Dec/Jan)
- Turton School designers beat off competition from across the North West
- Turton School Event: 2017/18 GCSE Certificate Collection Event
- Year 11 Mock Timetable (November 2018)
- Tour of new building work
- Year 7 Curriculum Evening – Slideshow