Pat Cannon, good friend of Turton School and it's community, has sadly passed away.
She had lived with pancreatic cancer for 18 months and celebrated her 80th birthday in December.
Pat was a central figure at Turton, for over 20 years she served the school in various roles: Governor, Invigilator and events caterer. She continued to serve the school throughout her illness, coordinating the invigilation for last summer's exams and attending her last governors meeting in December 2017.
Pat was known and respected by governors, staff and many many students; she will be missed.
We plan to place a memorial plaque in the new library in memory of Pat and her reputation as an eager grammarian.
- NCA-CEOP’s new ‘Jessie & Friends’ resource to help keep your child safer online
- What parents need to know about 'sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Army Engineers visit Turton – Rocket Cars!!!
- Year 11 – Week by Week – Revision Packs
- Donation of a new defibrillator unit – Kier Construction
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)