GCSE Art & Design residential visit to the Conway Centre in Anglesey
(26-28 January, 2018)
Thirty-five GCSE Art & Design students visited the Conway Centre, Anglesey, to participate in art, craft and design workshops across the weekend. Students worked with one of four artists on the theme of “East Meets West” and developed their ideas through the use of ceramics, plaster casting, layered paint, lino-printing and/or textiles.
Workshops were intensive, with students working from 9:30am – 9:30pm, resulting in some fantastic outcomes and really pushing students out of their comfort zone! Turton students were a credit to the school and great ambassadors for our Art & Design Department. All work produced throughout the weekend will be entered as part of students’ GCSE Art & Design coursework which, in turn, should raise attainment.
- NCA-CEOP’s new ‘Jessie & Friends’ resource to help keep your child safer online
- What parents need to know about 'sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Army Engineers visit Turton – Rocket Cars!!!
- Year 11 – Week by Week – Revision Packs
- Donation of a new defibrillator unit – Kier Construction
- Coffee and Chatter
- Year 9 Pathways: Examples of Year 10 & 11 GCSE Art & Design
- Big Money Draw (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2019)
- Report: Ofsted – Short Inspection of Turton School
- Year 11 February Mock Exam Revision Pack (2019)