GCSE Art & Design residential visit to the Conway Centre in Anglesey
(26-28 January, 2018)
Thirty-five GCSE Art & Design students visited the Conway Centre, Anglesey, to participate in art, craft and design workshops across the weekend. Students worked with one of four artists on the theme of “East Meets West” and developed their ideas through the use of ceramics, plaster casting, layered paint, lino-printing and/or textiles.
Workshops were intensive, with students working from 9:30am – 9:30pm, resulting in some fantastic outcomes and really pushing students out of their comfort zone! Turton students were a credit to the school and great ambassadors for our Art & Design Department. All work produced throughout the weekend will be entered as part of students’ GCSE Art & Design coursework which, in turn, should raise attainment.
- Family banter and self-esteem: drawing the line on what is OK
- How to use the ‘Uniquely Me’ guide to help boost your child’s self-esteem
- When your child’s anger may be linked to low self-esteem
- Photoshop-spotting: talking to your child about ‘fake’ images
- Talking to your child about why bullies bully
- How to nurture a healthy self-esteem in your child